Apple TV gives you access to the best 1080p HD content — including blockbuster movies, hit TV shows, live sports, your music, photos, videos, and more — right on your high-definition TV. You can even play content from your iOS device or Mac on your TV using AirPlay. Apple TV requires an HDMI cable (sold separately).
All things entertaining.
Apple TV gives you access to the best content — blockbuster movies, TV shows, sports, your music and photos, and more — right on your HDTV.1 You can even play content from your iOS device or Mac on your TV wirelessly using AirPlay.2
Hit movies and TV shows on demand.
Buy or rent thousands of movies and TV shows from iTunes, many including iTunes Extras. Or stream the latest hits and original programming from Netflix, Hulu Plus, HBO GO, Disney Channel, ABC, and more.
Live sports, news, and weather.
You’ll have plenty to cheer about with live games and highlights from the biggest names in sports, including ESPN, MLB, NBA, and NHL. And keep up on world events with live news and weather from ABC News, Sky News, CNBC, Bloomberg, and more.
Your photos and videos.
With My Photo Stream, your most recent photos and videos automatically appear on your Apple TV. And thanks to iMovie Theater, the projects you’ve made in iMovie are ready for viewing on the big screen.
Up to six family members can now watch each other’s iTunes movie and TV show purchases — without sharing accounts. And with Ask to Buy, parents can require kids to ask permission before making new purchases.6
iTunes Radio is free streaming radio with the best selection of music — like DJ-curated and genre-specific radio stations.3
AirPlay lets you wirelessly stream what’s on your Mac or iOS device to your HDTV and speakers via Apple TV. Or mirror exactly what’s on your device’s display to the big screen. Peer-to-peer AirPlay lets visitors to your home or office quickly and easily connect their Mac or iOS device to your Apple TV without gaining passwords and connecting to the Wi-Fi network.4
With iCloud, you can buy movies and TV shows on Apple TV and watch them on your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Mac, or PC. And vice versa. iCloud also stores your photos and videos, pushing them wirelessly to all your devices — including your HDTV via Apple TV.5
Quick and easy setup.
Just plug in the power cord and connect Apple TV to your HDTV with a single HDMI cable (sold separately). If you have an iPhone or iPad, hold it near Apple TV, and Apple TV will learn about your home network and receive your iTunes account settings automatically.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS :
Weight, Measurement & Size :
- Height: 0.9 inch (23 mm) | Width: 3.9 inches (98 mm) | Depth: 3.9 inches (98 mm) | Weight: 0.6 pound |
- Apple TV | Apple Remote | Power cord | Documentation
- Apple single-core A5 chip
- HDMI cable (sold separately).
- High-definition TV with HDMI and capable of 1080p or 720p.
- Wi-Fi (802.11a, b, g, or n) wireless network (wireless video streaming requires 802.11a, g, or n) or 10/100BASE-T Ethernet network.
- iTunes Store account for buying or renting movies, buying TV shows, and buying music.
- iCloud account for viewing photos and videos from iCloud photo stream and movies in iMovie Theater.
- For streaming media from a Mac or PC: iTunes 10.6 or later; iTunes Store account for Home Sharing.
- Peer-to-peer AirPlay requires a Mac (2012 or later) with OS X Yosemite or an iOS device (2012 or later) with iOS 8 and works with Apple TV (model A1469) running Apple TV software 7.0.
- Subscription may be required to access some content.
- Optical audio
- 10/100BASE-T Ethernet
- Built-in IR receiver
- Micro-USB (for service and support)
- Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n)
- Bluetooth support for Apple Wireless Keyboard (requires Apple TV software version 5.2 or later)
- Operating temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: -4° to 113° F (-20° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet (3000 m)
- Built-in 6-watt universal power supply
- H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High or Main Profile level 4.0 or lower, Baseline Profile level 3.0 or lower with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
- HE-AAC (V1), AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound pass-through
- JPEG, GIF, TIFF
- Compatible with high-definition TVs with HDMI and capable of 1080p or 720p at 60/50Hz,2 including popular models from these manufacturers: Hitachi, JVC, LG, Mitsubishi, NEC, Panasonic, Philips, Pioneer, Samsung, Sony, Sharp, Toshiba, Vizio, Westinghouse